Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Help for the Museum

I'll post some really interesting information shortly.

Someone told me to give this a try because it has worked for others.

I am the director of the Discover Museum in West Fargo, ND. It is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit Corporation. Like everything and everywhere today, money is tight. Unlike many museums, the Discover Museum functions very well on a very little. Our monthly expenses are around $2000 which has made it very easy to keep going.

Now, I’m asking for some assistance from the people. We want to do more with the museum as an educational facility and get a few new items to enhance the existing displays. We also need to raise some money so we can “Raise the Rex”. We have a cast of a T. rex and it is currently laid out on the floor of the museum. Once we have enough money, we will build it here in the museum. That’ll be really cool once it’s done.

Here I ask for help. We need to have money so we can grow and perhaps even relocate and I’m turning to blogging as a way to see what is out there. If you would like to help, we would really appreciate it. You can send a check, money order, or cashiers check to: Discover Museum, 705 Main Ave E, Suite C, West Fargo, ND 58078. You can check out the website (needs updating) at http://www.dinosandmore.com/. You will receive a receipt for tax purposes if the donation is high enough and a letter thanking you for your support of our museum.

I’ll keep updates on the blog and keep everyone informed of our progress and if we get the T rex built I’ll post pictures for all to see.

A deep-hearted thank you to all.

Gary

No comments:

BlogCatalog

Followers

About Me

My photo
West Fargo, North Dakota, United States
I've always been interested in science. I taught science for 10+ years. I've been digging up fossils like dinosaurs for 14+ years. I opened a nonprofit museum to share my knowledge and excitement with more people.